Are you new to website creation? Do you want to create a website but need clarification on the terms of Domain name and Web Hosting? I understand it isn’t evident to get those terms as a newcomer to the online world of websites. Don’t worry. This article will explain what domain and Web Hosting are and what the differences are between the both. Web Hosting Sever
Owning a Hosting web service is a trend amongst people owning businesses. Websites are built to reach people online and market products and services. To build a website, you must have a domain name and web hosting services. Only when you register a domain name and purchase web hosting services then only you would be able to build your website. Before knowing the differences between both terms, let’s read what web hosting and a domain name are VPS Hosting.
What is Web Hosting?
Web Hosting is the service provided by the web Hosting server owners to the customer to create websites on the internet. When you purchase web hosting services, the server owners let you rent the server space to run your website. The server stores all the data, including images, texts, and other elements that are a part of the business hosting. Creating a website aims to reach the audience, which is why a Web Hosting service is required. Only when you rent the hosting services will your website be visible and accessible to people. KingoRoot app
There are various types of web hosting, but the two most popular types are- Shared servers and VPS. Shared Server provides the server space and resources such as disk space, CPU, and memory to be shared by the many other websites on the same shared server. Whereas Virtual Private Server (VPS) includes sharing physical servers with other sites, the resources are specifically assigned to each user.
Why is web hosting required?
- For a safe and secure website- Renting a host manages the overall security of your site. Many companies also provide reliable 24/7 customer service for all types of technical assistance and queries related to your website Cpanel website hosting.
- Data storage- The data of the online traffic you get is all stored in the server you choose, and as the traffic increases, it might lead to the website shutting down, in case you have set a limit to the storage. Choosing your server accordingly to the amount of data you have is a must.
- Best VPS for Hosting Application
- Customization- When you host your website, you truly control it. You can customize your website to your choice, as per your requirement, anytime. And this impacts the overall design and look of your site, which helps attract more and more online traffic to your site. cPanel web hosting
- Speed- When you opt for a better hosting service such as VPS Hosting, cloud hosting, or dedicated server hosting, your website works efficiently and has better speed and performance.
What is a domain name?
The address of the website that helps the visitor find the particular website on the web is known as a Domain name. Examples- are Google.com and Yahoo.com. Unlike computers, a human cannot remember the numbers or addresses of every website they would want to search. Therefore, the invention of domain names took place to solve this problem as a domain name makes it easier to remember the websites web server.
Why does your website require a domain name?
When you build a website, you surely want it to reach as many people online. But due to the abundance of websites present on the internet, how will people locate your website without knowing the IP address? Well, here is where the role of a domain name comes in. You can think of a domain name as an address book that helps people access your website online. Shared and business hosting
It is similar to the address of a house that you need to visit. It is possible to run a website without a domain name by setting up a web server. But what is the use of it? If people find it challenging to locate or access it whenever necessary. Therefore, always register a unique domain name for your website without delay.
What is the difference between a domain name and Web Hosting?
As you have read earlier, a domain name and Web Hosting are two entirely different terms, although they are bought together.
- Web Hosting is the space or server where your website data, like images, texts, and other elements, are stored in physical form. At the same time, a Domain name is the storage location address where your website files are stored.
- Both domain name and web hosting are essential to building a website. But you can create a website without purchasing a domain name, and you need web hosting to build a website.
Can I buy a domain name and web hosting services from the same company?
The short answer to this question is YES, you can. It’s up to you whether you buy services from the same company or different companies.
The difference is that it becomes easier as you don’t have to change the domain name settings if you buy both Business hosting and a domain name from the same company. And that is why most companies offer both services together.
We hope this article provided you with a better understanding of why web hosting and a domain name are required and the differences between the two. Therefore, buy both services from well-known, trusted companies for smooth and better website functioning and expand your business. Keep working hard, and get growing. All the best.